The Board of Directors has the pleasure to invite Ooredoo Shareholders to attend the Ordinary and Extraordinary Assembly Meetings of Ooredoo Q.P.S.C which will be held at 6.30 pm on Tuesday, 19 March 2019, at the Sheraton Doha Hotel.
If there is no quorum, an alternative date will be Sunday, 31 March 2019, at the same time and place.
Agenda for the Ordinary Meeting:
- Hearing and approving the Board’s report for the year ended 31st December 2018 and discussing the company’s future business plans.
- Discussing the Corporate Governance Report for the year 2018.
- Hearing the External Auditor’s report for the year ended 31st December 2018.
- Discussing and approving the company’s financial statements for the year ended 31st December 2018.
- Discussing and approving the Board of Directors’ recommendations regarding the distribution of dividends for the year 2018.
- Discharging the members of the Board from liabilities and determining their remuneration for the year ended 31st December 2018.
- Appointing the external auditor for the year 2019 and determining its fee.
Agenda for the Extraordinary Meeting:
- Approval of the amendment of the company's articles of association to comply with the Companies’ Law No (11) for 2015, and the regulations mentioned in the QFMA Governance Code for Companies and Legal Entities Listed on the Main Market, and the Qatar Financial Markets Authority Board decision in its fourth meeting in 2018 which was held on 16 December 2018 and referred to in the Authority letter No. (م.ر.ت -3-2019) dated 6 January 2019 regarding splitting the nominal value of listed companies’ shares, and authorizing the Chairman to conduct that.
- Shareholders are requested to arrive for registration one hour early.
- A shareholder who cannot attend the Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly Meetings in person may appoint a proxy to represent him.
- Only shareholders, whose names have been registered in the company’s shareholder register with the Exchanges after closing of business on Tuesday the 19th of March 2019, are eligible to attend Ooredoo’s Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly Meetings.
- Shareholders should bring with them relevant documents proving their ownership of the shares they claim to hold.
- The announcement posted in local newspapers, on the Qatar Stock Exchange website, and the Company’s website, will be official to all shareholders, as no invitations will be sent through the post, according to stipulations of article (121) of Commercial Companies Law.
- The meeting will be conducted in Arabic.