Who we are
Innovation With the successful launch of digital businesses and investments in Middle East, North Africa and Asia Pacific... Read more
Standard & Poor’s Upgrades Ooredoo’s Outlook to Positive; Rating Affirmed at ‘A-’ Ooredoo Q.S.C. (“Ooredoo”) - Ticker: ORDS - notes Standard and Poor’s affirmation… Read more
Ooredoo’s Nationwide Submarine Cable paves the way to 4G+ Network across Maldives! Ooredoo today inaugurated its Nationwide Submarine Cable, an important investment by the… Read more
- Social Responsibility
Ooredoo teams with like-minded companies in the technology and telecom sectors to promote inclusive access to digital services and resources, as well as develop innovative solutions to improve our customers’ quality of experience.
- Launched Internet.Org, a mobile broadband service launched exclusively in partnership with Facebook.
- Over 1 million people in Indonesia have accessed the internet using this.
- Launched Google Play™ Store Carrier Billing in Indonesia.
- Enabled the ~96% of Indonesians who do not have a credit card to access digital content from the Google Play store by allowing one-click phone credit payment.
- Jointly launched the first digital exchange for mobile advertising with Real-Time Bidding in the world, Indonesia Mobile Exchange (IMX).
- The platform provides local and global advertisers with a portal to connect directly with leading publishers in Indonesia and create more personal ads for consumers.
MIT Media Lab
- Member of MIT's Media Lab, collaborating on cutting-edge ICT research to deliver disruptive innovations and new life-enhancing products and services to our customers
- Work together to support development of a larger "innovation ecosystem" in MENA and Southeast Asia
- Partnered to launch Asia Pacific Internet Group to jointly develop eCommerce and other digital services in Asia
- Ventures range from online retail and marketplaces to payment services in markets as diverse as Myanmar to Australia
- Providing the platform that supports Ooredoo Business M2M/IoT products
- From Indonesia successfully conducted the first-ever eSim technical trial between two different operators working from different M2M platforms on different continents
- Working together to find synergies in key areas such as technology projects, common approach to multinational clients for M2M, managed mobility and data services, staff development and training programs, international wholesale and various others.
- The partnership is expected to identify synergies and reinforce both Groups positions in these key areas.
Across our footprint, we are passionate about powering innovation and supporting entrepreneurs in all stages of growth and development. Our investment companies accelerate new business developments and uncover investment opportunities.
Asia Pacific Internet Group (APACIG)
One of Asia's fastest growing internet platforms. As more and more people buy goods and services through their mobile phones, APACIG is a partnership between Ooredoo and Rocket Internet, Germany's biggest internet incubator, focused on developing and funding eCommerce businesses in 15 Asia Pacific markets, including Pakistan, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines and Australia.
SB ISAT Fund
Operated by Indosat Ooredoo in partnership with Softbank, the fund helps startups progress through growth stage to mature stage development.
Established in 2014, it is Tunisia’s first-ever Innovation and Business Hub. Offered in partnership with the Qatar Friendship Fund and Microsoft the fund has since transformed the local ICT ecosystem and continues to inspire young people to become entrepreneurs.
Asia Mobile Holdings ("AMH")
Ooredoo owns a 25 percent stake in AMH, a mobile investment company formed in 2007. The remaining 75 percent stake is owned by Singapore Technologies Telemedia ("ST Telemedia"). Together ST Telemedia and Ooredoo are committed to exploring and investing in new opportunities as well as strengthening existing businesses in the Asia Pacific region. AMH is incorporated in Singapore.
At the end of 2014 the AMH portfolio held investments in the following companies:
AMH has a 56.0 percent stake in StarHub Ltd ("StarHub") which equates to an Ooredoo effective stake of 14.0 percent. Launched in 2000 StarHub is afully integrated communication company offering a full range of information, communications and entertainment services for both consumers and corporate markets.
Shenington Investments Pte.Ltd
AMH has a 49 percent stake in Shenington Investments Pte.Ltd ("Shenington"). Shenington has a 49 percent shareholding in Lao Telecommunication Company Limited ("LTC"), which equates to an Ooredoo effective stake of 6.0 percent. LTC is the largest telecoms operator in Laos.